[aprssig] VARA-FMSK16-OFDM Shootout for 60 Meters APRS This Saturday

Stephen H Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 13:43:48 EST 2023

After the dramatic results of the 300 baud AX.25 vs VARA test in early January,
I am now ready to go with a 3-way comparison test of the new VARA modem -vs-
MFSK-16 generated by FLdigi  -vs- OFDM generated by FLdigi.

This 3-way shootout will happen enroute from the Lansing, Michigan area to
Traverse City, Mi for the annual Cherryland ARC Swap-N-Shop.  I will be
departing about 3AM EST Saturday 11 Feb to arrive about 7:00 AM.   After the
hamfest, the return trip will begin around 1-2 PM, depending on what kind of
gathering may develop after the hamfest.

The tests will be on 60 Meters "Channel 5" at 5.403.5 USB.

Full details on the test are on my website at:

<http://WA8LMF.net/APRS_VARA_MFSK/index.htm>

A summary of the previous VARA vs AX.25 test in early January is here on my
website:

<http://WA8LMF.net\APRS_VARA>

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page: http://wa8lmf.net

-- APRS over FLdigi Modes  --
<http://wa8lmf.net//FLdigiAPRS/index.htm>

60-Meter APRS!   HF NVIS APRS Igate Now Operating
<http://wa8lmf.ddns.net:14447/>

Flying Digipeater!
<http://WA8LMF.net/FlyingDigi>

11 Copies of UIview in Action on One Computer!
Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps
<http://wa8lmf.net/map>