[aprssig] APRS-IS and metadata

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) KJ4ERJ at arrl.net
Thu Aug 17 23:21:22 EDT 2023

Yes, anyone can put whatever they want in the comment section of THEIR
OWN packets.  IGates and digipeaters MUST NOT modify the packet except
as provided in the path section for their particular operations.  The
source, destination, and payload of packets must not be modified as the
packet traverses the RF and APRS-IS networks.