[aprssig] Open Source/Commercial Use acceptable APRS Alternative?

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Wed Aug 16 20:55:17 EDT 2023

What happened is that Bob Bruninga came out pretty strongly against OpenTrac because of the Kenwood support in radios and software that already existed.  The friction and conflict in discussion pretty much became a good enough barrier to progress that public discussion disappeared/stopped.

With M-17 rolling out, and its ability to provide an out of band digital data stream, OpenTrac would be a good fit for adding structured data into the transmissions there.

Gregg Wondetly
W5GGW

Sent from my iPhone