[aprssig] Open Source/Commercial Use acceptable APRS Alternative?

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 23:09:57 EDT 2023

In the deep corners of my brain, I recall there was an alternate
protocol written Once Upon A Time that supported location
tracking/telemetry/messaging over AX.25, but was NOT APRS and not
limited to non-commercial use.  Does anyone have the name and/or links
to something like that?  I'm working with a non-profit for event asset
tracking, and I don't want to cross any lines.  We're using LoRa for
short- to mid-range vehicle/personnel tracking and I'd rather not
reinvent wheels.

Thanks,

John Gorkos
AB0OO