[aprssig] D72 usb problems

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:54:56 EDT 2022

correct.  in particular a USB-C to mini-USB cable that's relatively new and
has worked elsewhere.  But I'm not suspecting the cable since Windows works
reliably, and the windows system is really a VM on the mac that won't work,
so USB-passthrough to the windows VM tells me that the hardware is OK.

-j

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 11:49 AM Erik Bacon Beck <bacon at tahoma.com> wrote:

> What kind of connection to the rig is that with the cp21xx chipset? USB?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 13, 2022, at 12:33, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > I'm interfacing a Kenwood D72 for the first time, and having some
> trouble.
> >
> > In a strange twist of fate, the device works as expected on windows, but
> does not work with Mac OS or linux.  While this isn't a terrible surprise
> on mac (since the Silicon Labs cp21xx drivers stand out as the only
> software that's ever caused a kernel dump on my mac), the linux drivers
> usually Just Work.  only they don't.  I don't have another cp21xx device to
> test with at the moment.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > -Jason
> > kg4wsv