[aprssig] APRS UPDATE 2022 Presentation at SEAPAC

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Mon May 2 21:29:32 EDT 2022

Primarily because APRS has been about mobile operations.  Texting while mobile is against the law for a reason.  Ham operators sending or reading messages on the go is not ideal, without very sophisticated tech such as speech recognition and audible control systems that speak to and understand voice commands.

Put that level of support into a radio and then APRS messaging would start to get useful.  I used it on my TH D7A when it was new, but the push button interface was still tedious and required attention.

Gregg
W5GGW

Sent from my iPhone