[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 212, Issue 21 (List email problems)

Randy Hall aa6rh at socorad.io
Fri Feb 18 14:10:46 EST 2022

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3alists.tapr.org&run=toolpage

Turns out, TAPR's maillist server is blacklisted. That is the thing that
needs to be addressed first and foremost. Complaining to a mail receiver
that they should disregard a blacklist is not going to get anything done.

The fact that TAPR is hosting their own mail server on Linode is part of
the problem. TAPR needs to have a person (staff or volunteer) who knows
SMTP, sendmail and MX blacklist policies like the back of their hand, so
that they can quickly address blacklist problems. Until and unless TAPR
gets off the blacklist that the IP address is listed on, Microsoft is
within their rights to disregard mail coming from lists.tapr.org

This is just the "hidden cost" of running your own mail server at work
right here. You pay for it one way or another.

--R
*--*
*Randy AA6RH*
*aa6rh at socorad.io <aa6rh at socorad.io>*
*Grid Square: CM88pl*

*QRZ Profile <https://www.qrz.com/db/aa6rh>*
*Sonoma County DMR: BrandMeister 31707
<https://brandmeister.network/?page=lh&jsonquery=%7B%22condition%22%3A%22AND%22%2C%22rules%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A%22DestinationID%22%2C%22field%22%3A%22DestinationID%22%2C%22type%22%3A%22integer%22%2C%22input%22%3A%22text%22%2C%22operator%22%3A%22equal%22%2C%22value%22%3A%2231707%22%7D%5D%7D>*