[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 212, Issue 21 (List email problems)

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Feb 18 13:22:17 EST 2022

On 2/18/22 12:00 PM, aprssig-request at lists.tapr.org wrote:

The issue we're dealing with has been affecting folks on the other
lists.tapr.org lists; I don't know how many people on aprssig are
affected by it.

People who have Microsoft as their email service provider are being
blocked from getting messages from lists.tapr.org.  The bounce messages say:

"Access denied, banned sender[173.230.155.76]. To request removal from
this list please forward this message to delist at messaging.microsoft.com.
For more information please go to
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=526653. AS(1410)
[SY4AUS01FT004.eop-AUS01.prod.protection.outlook.com]"

We have submitted several requests for delisting, and our ISP has been
doing everything they can (we are not the only one of their customers
having this problem), but so far nothing has gotten MSFT to unblock us.
Changing IP addresses is one way to circumvent the problem.

There may be other issues going on, but at the moment this is the one we
can identify and hopefully do something about.  Just for additional
information, lists.tapr.org has been running on the same Mailman
software and configuration since May, 2018.  So there've been no recent
changes at our end that could result in delivery issues, but there are
plenty of things outside our control that can cause problems.

73,
John