[aprssig] The APRS Working Group????

Andrew Pavlin spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 18:33:11 EST 2022

 Ah, that is interesting history to know. But since that elite Working Group still owns the protocol specification and related stuff, and some of them are still alive, they have to choose to abdicate the throne to someone else (individually or collectively), or carry on as-is. Otherwise, we're kind of stuck in limbo.
Brings up an interesting point: who inherits Bob's two votes as Technical Chair? There was nothing in that charter about the resignation or other loss of a WG member. But if we can scrounge up a quorum of the remaining members, it could become a moot point, as long as we can get one more decision out of them to hand over the rights and ownership to the new proposed organization (or reactivate the Working Group as an active organization).

Re: rule by the elite: any other kind of organization is still the same thing, because people who aren't on the inside Ruling Council (or whatever the organization calls it) aren't going to get anywhere unless an insider chooses to support their point. So we need to get "honest politicians" for any new organization.
Andrew, KA2DDO