[aprssig] APRS roadmap planning proposal

Joshua Smith juicewvu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 13:29:00 EST 2022

Speaking from an off-and-on APRS user and long time participant in the “free software” community perspective I agree with the framework outlined by Scott.

The governance of the APRS protocol should occur in the open and an open source license model for the spec seems appropriate.

As for how to organize the governing body I’d suggest taking a look at how the python project (python.org) as well as the FreeBSD (FreeBSD.org) governance are organized as they both seem to be organized for sustainability.

I’d be happy to help to ensure APRS continues to prosper in any manner I can.

Thanks,

--
Josh Smith
KD8HRX