[aprssig] suggested list for APRS WX stations?

Ron VE8RT ve8rt at yknwt.ca
Sat Feb 12 09:21:09 EST 2022

   I'll start by saying how much I appreciated the contribution of
WB4APR to the hobby and his online mentoring from which I too greatly
benefited.

   To my situation and question.  A couple of times a day I look at the
wx data from our local APRS linked WX stations to verify that
everything is running as it should.  This morning I noticed an
intolerable deviation in barometric pressure (possibly temperature too)
from that reported by Environment Canada at the airport (CYZF)

CYZF    Ski Club VE8SKI   Prelude Lake VE8WD-2

Pressure

1028.4mB   1051.6 mB        1033.1 mB

Temperature

-35.6 C    -32.2C           -28.9 C

   As these APRS WX stations are not my own I'm not looking to repair
or calibrate them.  I would like to build my own, using better quality
components.  My own searches for a forum that covers weather stations
(beyond the off the shelf brand X or Y) has been unsuccessful.  Would
anyone be able to direct me to a forum that may help?

   Thanks  Ron VE8RT
--
Ron VE8RT <ve8rt at yknwt.ca>