[aprssig] APRS tocalls.txt - practical steps

Scott Howard showard at nd.edu
Fri Feb 11 10:55:35 EST 2022

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022, 10:24 AM Heikki Hannikainen <hessu at hes.iki.fi> wrote:
> Hello,
> Sad news indeed, and I guess some practical things need to be sorted out
> soon. Here's one: tocalls and Mic-E identifiers for new apps and devices.

Thank you for taking this on. As someone that just started with APRS a
year or two ago and wrote some custom tools for students to teach APRS
and AX.25, having a public repository is extremely helpful. Using
CC-BY-SA (or other open-source licenses) is also very welcome, since
we can easily include them. I'd also wonder if the whole APRS
specification maintenance could also be moved to a public repository
like github (maybe as LaTeX document?). Distributed maintenance of
specifications could help the project stay current to needs and
technology as it progresses.

Thanks again for your work organizing this, Hessu!

Regards,
Scott, KD9PDP