[aprssig] WB4APR SK

Randy Hall aa6rh at socorad.io
Wed Feb 9 18:29:59 EST 2022

I'd love to see a return to aspects of messaging and bulletins that seem
remarkably forgotten in all but the oldest APRS clients. I freely admit I
haven't used very many APRS clients in the past few years, so perhaps I'm
clueless on that aspect.

I think there is an opportunity to create some new and interesting features:

   - Auto-expiring objects and items (to enforce some ephemerality to those
   things)
   - Location beacons providing multiple position data points in a single
   beacon
   - Bulletins/Announcements being first class features of APRS clients,
   both easier to create and keep updated

There are plenty of ideas, obviously. It's a question of who would've
approached Bob about any of them in the last few years, when he had very
visibly moved on from APRS to solar projects.

Bob was the custodian. Now we have to figure out how to distribute the
machetes to cut new trails through the jungle. It's not all paved-over, not
even close.

--R
*--*
*Randy AA6RH*
*aa6rh at socorad.io <aa6rh at socorad.io>*
*Grid Square: CM88pl*

*QRZ Profile <https://www.qrz.com/db/aa6rh>*
*Sonoma County DMR: BrandMeister 31707
<https://brandmeister.network/?page=lh&jsonquery=%7B%22condition%22%3A%22AND%22%2C%22rules%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A%22DestinationID%22%2C%22field%22%3A%22DestinationID%22%2C%22type%22%3A%22integer%22%2C%22input%22%3A%22text%22%2C%22operator%22%3A%22equal%22%2C%22value%22%3A%2231707%22%7D%5D%7D>*