[aprssig] LoRa GPS tracking

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Aug 8 11:11:16 EDT 2022

Polymath <polymath99 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hopefully folks are checking out the multitude of LoRa trackers
> already being worked on... so that there is a convergence of
> implementations instrad of a Tower of Babel...

Is there a document somewhere that walks through the spread spectrum
rules and documents if LoRa counts as SS under Part 97 and if so (or if
not) how it meets the rules?  I really have no clue about this and would
like to read about it; I do remember somebody getting an STA but they
were using a 50W amp and the STA might have been for higher power?

73 de n1dam