[aprssig] China Has Hijacked WA8LMF.com !! 2

Eric H. Christensen eric at aehe.us
Tue Sep 28 12:35:48 EDT 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday, September 28th, 2021 at 10:59 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <KJ4ERJ at arrl.net> wrote:

> Sometime yesterday, BG0GE-6 quit injecting the old packets.  But I checked just now and they're back!  But this time, it's only going into firenet and not the mainstream APRS-IS.
>
> And I spoke too soon.  As I was typing this message, the packets starting showing up in both the APRS-IS and firenet again.  And now they're back to firenet only.  Maybe their configured APRS-IS server is disconnecting them?  Who knows?

I have no problem filtering this person from the Firenet servers if there is a good way to do so.  Not knowing, right now, what IP address to expect his connection from means it's a little difficult to block his connection that way.  I just checked and I don't currently see any Chinese callsigns on any of the Firenet servers.

73,
Eric WG3K