[aprssig] I-gate loops for telemetry support text messages

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) KJ4ERJ at arrl.net
Wed Sep 22 21:38:21 EDT 2021

An IGate should not gate messages to RF addressed to stations that have
also been heard on the APRS-IS. This is precisely why the APRS-IS
servers provide packets originated by stations that have been gated by a
given connection for some period of time after said station was last
heard on RF and gated to the server.  So that the IGate can see the
TCPIP* in the path from the server and know that particular station is
on both RF and the -IS and should not have any messages gated to it.

At least, I believe that's what you were describing as the "loop".

PS.  This is rule # 4 from http://www.aprs-is.net/IGateDetails.aspx: