[aprssig] Connecting TH-D74 as KISS TNC to PC

Matthew Adair mladair at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 23:30:28 EDT 2021

Hi folks,
I know the last time I tried connecting my TH-D74 to my PC as KISS TNC, it
worked fine. However, my PC no longer recognizes when I attach my radio to
it. I've removed and re-installed the Kenwood Virtual ComPort drivers, but
no luck. The Kenwood programmer doesn't recognize it either. Nothing shows
up in the Com ports under the device manager. I've also tried multiple USB
cables.

I also tried adding it manually through the device manager. When I do that,
it reports that the "Device Cannot Start (Code 10)"  Most of the resources
I see say to update the drivers. I've made sure I have the latest from the
Kenwood website, but those are still dated 2016.

Hoping somebody out there might have some solutions - Thanks!

Matt Adair
N8SHA