[aprssig] What is APRS, really?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 22 18:08:33 EDT 2020

Someone asked me for a quick summary of APRS and I had no answer.
There is so much written it is a tidal wave not just a firehose.

But I did point him to this page which I wrote years ago as a summary
of what most people simply overlook in APRS.

http://aprs.org/APRS-tactical.html

It is a good thing to revnew now and the.  Speaking of firehoses.
I just counted and I have about 450 web pages of info on APRS
and now energy choices that even I cannot remember most of them.

I once had a site map, but it has not been updated in a decade and only
points to only 104 pages of the 450 pages.  Maybe I need to find the time
to update it.
http://aprs.org/sitemap.html

Sorry
If you find anything that is totally obsolete, please let me  know.

Bob, WB4APR