[aprssig] What is a position report?

Iain R. Learmonth irl at hambsd.org
Sun May 24 14:35:22 EDT 2020

Hi Gregg,

On 24/05/2020 17:34, Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> There would be a lot more to gain from moving in the direction of
> OpenTrac as a new direction than trying to do more with APRS.  AX.75
> supports the use of other protocols in band with APRS. We need to move
> on and use a protocol like OpenTrac to have extensibility and highly
> vertical customizations for unique applications.

I'm not opposed to the development of new protocols, or updates to
existing ones, but the thing I was really trying to do here was figure
out what the *current* spec says the right thing to do is. It's more a
question of interpretation that a question of development.

In addition to OpenTrac, I'm also aware of XARPS in development by the
Hudson Valley Digital Network.

Thanks,
Iain MM0ROR.

--