[aprssig] Paging Transmitters at 72 MHz?

Matthew Chambers mchambers at mchambersradio.com
Fri May 22 12:49:11 EDT 2020

Yup, there is. My local one can be decoded with a soundcard POCSAG decoder.
It is also simulcast on the 154MHz band. (I think the 154 is retransmitting
the 72). Most of the pages decoded are related to hospital lab or
housekeeping, "Dr X, your PX lab results are available" or "Room x needs
service".

I imagine the paging transmitters are that's left in the VHF Midband, I
hope eventually they phase out and maybe us US hams get a chance to get
access to 4m. Would be a nice band for APRS. Antennas shorter then 6m but
coverage more like 6m.

Off topic, is there a standard 6m APRS frequency