[aprssig] Escaping \r\n in packets for APRS-IS

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Fri May 8 15:17:41 EDT 2020

On Fri, 8 May 2020, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/05/2020 16:11, John Langner WB2OSZ wrote:
>> The rule for an RF to IS IGate is cut at the first CR or LF and leave the
>> rest alone.
>
> Awesome, that is what I went with and it makes sense. This doesn't seem
> to be written down anywhere I could find though. Is this in the spec
> somewhere?

I've sort of written it out in my igate hints about common bugs here:

https://github.com/hessu/aprsc/blob/master/doc/IGATE-HINTS.md

"Please do not modify packet data. Do not trim spaces from the end, do not
remove non-ASCII bytes such as 0x1C or 0x00. Just send everything on the
first line, up to the newline (either first CR or LF character seen in
packet)."

   - Hessu, OH7LZB