[aprssig] HF APRS igates on JS8

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri May 8 01:24:40 EDT 2020

OK Everyone!   The 60-meters APRS "FLdigi-modes" test is on!

I am now monitoring 60-meters "Channel 5" (5.403.5 USB) for both conventional
300-baud HF packet APRS on 1600/1800 Hz "KAM tones, and FLdigi modes.

I am also monitoring for FLdigi modes such as MFSK-16 and PSK63.  Set the
center of the FLdigi waterfall cursor to 1700 Hz.  Note that FLdigi tries to
snap the cursor back to 1500 Hz each time you change modes.

Enable the RSID on transmit. This should automatically switch my end to
whatever mode you select to transmit with.  Try experimenting with various
modes and bit rates (i.e. PSK31, PSK63, PSK135 or narrower versions of MFSK,
Olivia, etc).  Remember these signals need to get through a 500 Hz Collins CW
filter on my FT-857 receiver.

As of now, I have shut down the JS8call application, and am now monitoring 24/7
on both conventional AX.25 packet and on FLdigi modes.   The monitoring
location is central Michigan (Lansing/East Lansing area).

The FLdigi modes monitor also has a UI-Webserver mapping display attached to
it.  Go to:
    <http://WA8LMF.net/map>
and click on the cyan link to get the 60 meters maps.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

-----   NEW!    60-Meter APRS!   HF NVIS APRS Igate Now Operating  ------
    <http://wa8lmf.ddns.net:14447/>

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps