[aprssig] Packet Compressed Sensing Imaging (PCSI)

Scott Howard showard at nd.edu
Tue Jun 30 17:10:32 EDT 2020

Hi Rob,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 2:57 PM Mobilinkd LLC <mobilinkd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would love to see iOS and Android versions of this -- send/receive photos
> directly from a smart device.  If there's anything I can do to help make
> this happen please let me know.

A mobile app would be awesome, especially combined with a mobilinkd tnc
since you have the camera+processing power in the phone already. I don't
know much about mobile app development, but I'm confident a mobile app can
easily be made to transmit (it's just "find these specific pixel values,
pack them into a packet, repeat"). Reconstructing received images is
possible, I just don't know how fast liblbfgs runs on mobile processors (
https://github.com/chokkan/liblbfgs). Nonetheless, transmitting is trivial,
you can always have a laptop connected to a station to decode images, and
you can have each phone+tnc be a digipeater to relay distant camera images
to the base station. This way even if a TNC doesn't have the computational
power to reconstruct the image, it at least can relay it to something that
can.

We can talk off-list about what is needed for a mobile app, please let me
know what you're thinking. There may even be some students that can help
out. This is a good social distancing compatible project for undergrad
EE/CS majors.

-Scott