[aprssig] FW: APRS Question (Drone tracking of downed balloons)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 12 12:19:22 EDT 2020

The best thing I liked about this idea is the use of a digi path that does
not use WIDEn-N at altitude nor a WIDE1-1 at the end.  By making the
balloon path be something like “DRONE” for the entire flight, then it will
not bring u p any existing infrastructure, but we can use Drones, or RC
aircraft, or tethered balloons, or mobiles with UIDIGI set to DRONE) to
provide the final look over the last hill!

Bob, WB4APR