[aprssig] FW: APRS Question (Drone tracking of downed balloons)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jun 11 14:28:19 EDT 2020

Kameron KG7VSN asked a question about using a RC aircraft to act as a final
digi for a balloon once it has landed.  But I’d take it one step further.

Put the APRS digipeater on a drone and also listen for the LAT/LON of the
balloon.  Then launch the drone once the balloon begins to descend.
Program the drone to always go to the balloon position and maintain 1000
feet altitude until told otherwise.  (or whatever is the legal height for
drones…)

Neat!

Bob, WB4APR