[aprssig] Messages to QRZ

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) KJ4ERJ at arrl.net
Sun Jul 26 05:03:08 EDT 2020

Well, the best way to let them know is to look at aprs.fi for messages
to/from QRZ.  Then check the raw packets and you'll find that KJ4ERJ-15
is the source of them. Wait, that's ME!

KJ4ERJ-15 only keeps track of stations for 2 hours of in activity.  And
you have to query for a full station-SSID, not just the callsign
(unless, of course, that's what the station is running under).

In your case, KC3NLS has not been heard from for 84 DAYS.  And KC3NLS-9
has been inactive for over 5 hours as I write this.  Even your NE3R-8
has been inactive for 13+ hours, so that didn't work for me either.

However, a query for KJ4ERJ-12 gave me an answer, so the QRZ service is
working.

> 04:56:13< KJ4ERJ-12 8ft SSW Time 0:00:00 (0/1800) APRSISMO de KJ4ERJ Phone
> 04:56:14< Sent KJ4ERJ-12 (14m50s) TCP APRSISMO (01)
But it doesn't return information about the CALL like QRZ.com, but about
the CALLSIGN-SSID station as it was last heard (within 2 hours) on APRS-IS.

For CALLSIGN information, you may be thinking of WHO-IS (or WHO-15 for
-SSID-constrained radios):