[aprssig] HF APRS for Linux

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 14:49:21 EDT 2020

On 4/4/2020 1:59 PM, Joe Della Barba wrote:
> Anyone have a list of HF APRS software for Linux?
>
> Thanks!
>
> 73
>
> N3HGB

As far as I know, there are no APRS programs specifically for HF.   That would
be a function, not of the program, but of the TNC, either hardware or
sound-card software that you use.

I.e. the TNC has to offer a 300 baud transmission mode rather that the 1200
baud normally used on VHF.

Note that the TinyTrack III and 4 can be configured for the 300-baud
200-Hz-shift mode used on HF, instead of the customary 1200-baud 1000-Hz-shift
used on VHF.

Details on HF APRS here on my website:

    <http://WA8LMF.net/HF-APRS-Notes/index.htm>

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

-----   NEW!    60-Meter APRS!   HF NVIS APRS Igate Now Operating  ------
    <http://wa8lmf.ddns.net:14447/>

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps