[aprssig] New Software ToCall?

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Wed May 8 04:25:42 EDT 2019

Hi,

On Tue, 7 May 2019, Weston Bustraan wrote:

> I am working on new APRS client software for the Mac platform and I am
> wondering how I would go about getting an assigned ToCall designation listed
> on http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt

Email Bob (Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu>) and ask for a tocall. You
can make a suggestion, but please look for a common prefix/group from the
existing allocations.

After the toacll is in tocalls.txt, you can make a ticket, or preferably,
a github pull request with the new tocall, to add it in the
machine-readable APRS device identification database:

https://github.com/hessu/aprs-deviceid

After that it'll end up on aprs.fi and some other systems which use this
yaml/json/xml variant.

   - Hessu