[aprssig] APRS server list?
John Langner WB2OSZ
wb2osz at comcast.net
Mon Mar 18 06:59:33 EDT 2019
> Where can I get the latest APRS server list?
The normal approach is to use one of these regional names:
* noam.aprs2.net - for North America
* soam.aprs2.net - for South America
* euro.aprs2.net - for Europe and Africa
* asia.aprs2.net - for Asia
* aunz.aprs2.net - for Oceania
Each name has multiple addresses corresponding to the various servers
available in the region.
The current list of actual servers can be obtained with the nslookup or dig
Why not use the name of one specific server? Using the names above offers
* Low maintenance - You don't need to change your configuration as new
servers become available or disappear.
* Resilience - If your current server becomes unavailable, another one can
be found automatically. (with properly written software)
* Load balancing - Picking one at random helps to spread out the load.
More information about the aprssig