[aprssig] Garmin Nuvi 255W and APRS?

Greg D ko6th.greg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 23:36:53 EST 2019

Hi folks,

I recall that the Garmin Nuvi 350 was special, in that it could be used
with APRS for plotting and tracking APRS stations.  My daughter found
her Nuvi 255W in a drawer, and in this day of cell phones, wondered if
there was any reason not to toss it.  The car she used it in was sold
some time back, and the new car has a nice Nav system built in, not to
mention her cell phone.

Can the 255W be used on APRS like the 350?  Vague recollection that
waypoint management was a problem in the non-350 models.

Greg  KO6TH