[aprssig] AX.25 Digipeating precise timing?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jul 22 14:04:26 EDT 2019

I made a special version of the Tracker3 a few years ago specifically
for tracking ambulances and medical support vehicles at Burning Man.
They were all 9600 baud and transmitted two copies of each position
packet in quarter-second time slots, so the whole network of 24 trackers
had a cycle time of 6 seconds.  The receive side was a D700, no
digipeating involved.  It worked well, but required transmitters with a
pretty fast TXD time.

Those were TX-only, though, and I never built in any slotted digipeater
support.  I suppose I could add that to my to-do list for the Tracker4 -
maybe give it the option to reserve every other second or every fourth
second for digipeated packets.

Scott
N1VG