[aprssig] Tesla Field Day mode (or any EV/Hybrid)

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Wed Feb 27 20:48:08 EST 2019

So there are some questions for you.

When a hurricane or other significant storm kills the power grid as we’ve seen lately, what’s going to power the gas pumps, the billing systems for your use?

In the morning when it cold and you want to warm your car up, can you do that in the garage without dying from the pollution your gasoline or diesel or cng car makes?

If you get home at 1:00am from a long trip with an empty tank in cold weather or warm, how much time does it take for you to wait for your vehicle to fill up?

If you fill up your car twice a week and it takes 7min out of your schedule to do that, you are spending over 700 minutes or more than 10 hours of your life stuck with out going.  EVs can charge at home overnight and be ready to go immediately in the morning.  I pay $0.10/kWh of juice? It costs me $5.00 e wry day for my 1.5hr round trip.  At the end of my warranty I will have saved over $6500.00 in cash from driving my EV instead of a 22mpg has vehicle at around $1.80 per gallon,

As already said, I replace tires and fill the washer fluid and charge!

Gregg