[aprssig] Tesla Field Day mode

Nick VA3NNW tapr at noseynick.com
Wed Feb 20 21:16:57 EST 2019

> Tesla [...] the 75 kWh battery in the model 3 or the 60 kWh of the
> Chevy Bolt can run the average American home at normal loads for
> about 3 days, [...] you can have transportation and also maintain
> that Field Day forever.   ;-)
A friend Pat VA3PAF brought his Mitsubishi Highlander plugin hybrid EV
to FD 2018. Ran at least 2 of our stations and some of the lighting etc,
for the entire first day and overnight, off battery (pre-charged at his
home), before the engine/generator kicked in mid-morning on the Sunday
to top itself back up a bit.

  https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/showroom/phev/
  https://photos.app.goo.gl/iGHpDDticDtbJAc4A might have pics?

"After Converting 31 Km of available Range into 17 Hrs of Electrical
Power for the HAM Station; the Outlander's Generator finally STARTS;
tapping into the 517km of Onboard Gas for even more Power. As a rough
estimate, at this rate of use could last for over 10 days !!!!"

He's also provided communications all day for a local Marathon,
including (if I recall) cross-band repeating his handi back to the
marathon HQ, and I believe digipeating. Makes a fantastic mobile ham
radio PSU!

Nick VA3NNW

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer;    sig at noseynick.net
Vuja De: the feeling that you've never been here before.