[aprssig] Blown Away by Battleship NJ!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Feb 17 17:23:00 EST 2019

After a Ham meeting in Camden NJ, I noticed that the Battleship NJ was
nearby.

I couldn't get close, so today I google Earth'ed it.  Wow, it is in full
3D and you can "almost walk around the deck" with google earth.

Then I zoomed into a park slightly upstream on the east and noticed that
you can actually WALK UNDER THE TREES!

Wow, Google has really been busy since the last time I used Google Earth.

The Battleship is at 39 56 21N and 75 07 59W

But to think that they are paying people to enter 3D models not just of an
iconic battleship but every small boat and car and bench and light post.
You can walk anywhere and even through buildings and the building roofs
you can see the trusses and beams (Though I am sure they are not real, but
just provide the missing detail structure so you get the feel that you are
inside a building and seeing through the walls and Earth.

Frightening actually...

Bob, WB4APR