[aprssig] Thinking about YAAC

Greg D ko6th.greg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 14:23:40 EST 2019

Hi Michael,

Sounds like a good plan for the car.  It's essentially what I did, but
without having to wire up a bunch of little parts.

For the desktop, another approach might be to try the APRSIS32
application (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/), if even on a temporary
basis.  It's a Windows app, but works very well under Wine.  I use it on
my OpenSuSE desktop PC with an MFJ-1278 TNC.  Again, with your TNC not
having access to KISS mode, you'd need to experiment with the port type,
but I expect that APRSIS32 has one that could work.  Do follow the
instructions under Documentation on upgrading to the "Development
Version".

Good luck!

Greg  KO6TH