[aprssig] Thinking about YAAC

Greg D ko6th.greg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 01:06:52 EST 2019

I'm running YAAC and Direwolf on a Raspberry Pi 3B in my car.  Works
pretty well, though with the Pi tethered to my Smartphone along with the
RF link there seem to be some combinations of Digipeating, iGating, and
messaging that don't seem to work quite right.  Messages didn't get
delivered in one direction, and I've never figured out what to do about
it.  If you're all RF, it works great.

As Stephen noted, the sound card TNCs work really well, and the Pi's
GPIO pins make the PTT function easy to implement (no need for VOX).
Just be careful about the voltage levels so you don't damage the Pi.  A
1-transistor buffer is usually required.

Good luck,

Greg  KO6TH