[aprssig] Fixing AISat Digipeated Packets

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Fri Apr 19 17:16:36 EDT 2019

> On Apr 19, 2019, at 12:42 PM, Heikki Hannikainen <hessu at hes.iki.fi> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2019, Max Harper via aprssig wrote:
>
>> As some of you know, AISat has some problems with digipeating and some/all igate software will not gate these
>> packets. Robert MacHale KE6BLR has written some code to fix these packets for me and a few others.
>> My question is, should we be doing this? I know this is outside what an igate would normally do.
>
> I'd vote "no":

I absolutely agree. This case is even more stupid. One of the people who designed the satellite contacted me quite a while back asking about getting the packets on the PCSat page. I told him to let me know when they were testing the sat, so I could look at the actual packet on the APRS IS and set up the filter. He said they weren't going to test it on the APRS IS. I told them that was a mistake. If they had done a full-up test the problem would have been detected when it was easy to fix.

No sympathy.

Steve K4HG