[aprssig] APRS on 70CM using a hundred "free" UHF radios

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:40:14 EDT 2018

As there is no type acceptance requirements for the Amateur Service, pretty
much anything goes as long as it meets the various requirements of
frequency stability, spectral purity, modulation, output power, harmful
interference, etc. Homebrew and modified commercial gear was the mainstay
of ham radio forever. I have never heard of any kind of limits or
restrictions of any kind for any commercial  equipment on amateur
frequencies. I have put lots of commercial equipment in use on ham channels
with no issues.

Michael WA7SKG