[aprssig] Floater Balloon - VA5BNC-15

Bruce Coates bruce.coates at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 1 22:07:24 EDT 2018

Hi

Sorry for the short notice but things have been a bit hectic.

On Sunday morning, September 30 I launched my first floater, VA5BNC-15
from Saskatoon, (52.1N, 106.6W).  It survived the first night and has
made it all the way from Saskatoon to somewhere off the east coast of
Newfoundland.  If I'm very lucky, will make it across the pond in the
next 48 hours.  It should switch to 144.800 in the mid-atlantic, but if
there are any European stations that can listen on 144.390, that would
be appreciated.  During the day, it beacons once per minute at 13
seconds after the minute and at night, it's on a roughly 15 minute cycle.

https://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FVA5BNC-15&timerange=86400&tail=86400

Please pass this on to anyone who many be interested.

73, Bruce - VE5BNC