[aprssig] Roadtrip APRS Full DUplex

Jeff Davis ke9v at mac.com
Tue May 15 08:43:14 EDT 2018

Will you be at Dayton and taking orders this week?

73, Jeff KE9V

On May 14, 2018, at 05:22 PM, Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:

The upcoming Tracker4 has voice beacon capabilities - you can set up a
script to play WAV files from its internal flash memory.  If you need it
to QSY a radio, you'd probably have to hook up relays to the channel
up/down buttons.  I did that many years ago for a fixed station that I
needed to have transmit on two different frequencies.

Adding relays to the T4 is easy.  It's one of the things I'm testing
today on the latest board revision.  This is my test program for a $10
quad relay board:

' This program toggles each relay in sequence
for a = 1 to 20
   for b = 40002 to 40005
      modbus_write(1, b, 768)
      sleep 50
   next b
next a

Later on I'll be setting it up for reusable code blocks so instead of
reading the datasheet to get the addresses and commands, you can just
reference an existing module for known devices.  Trying not to get too
bogged down in that stuff right now when I just need to get a T3
replacement out the door.

I updated the T4 photo on the site now that we've got the latest board
revision in:
https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=200

This board brings back the extra DB9 for serial devices like weather
stations.  Unless I find something wrong with the board in the next day,
this will be the production version and we should start shipping in 2-3
weeks.  The graphics shown aren't necessarily final; I'm still waiting
for my graphic artist to get back to me with something more polished,
but we can do full color direct digital printing in house now so I can
tweak it as much as I want without having to get new silkscreens made.

Scott
N1VG