[aprssig] Fwd: The end of daytime HF?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri May 4 13:52:53 EDT 2018

But unlike existing PLC comms which are all from the array modules to the
central house system and only informatinve info, this shut-down signal will
presumably be the other way, and so if a loss of this signal occurs, the
affected panels shut down.  I can envision that a poorly designed system NOT
taking into account the possibility of high power Amateur RF in the
vicinity, might fail to detect this signal an could shut down in the
presence of hig RF.

Just something to look out for as these systems proliferate.

Bob, WB4aPR