[aprssig] Fwd: The end of daytime HF?

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 06:21:39 EDT 2018

 A right is a right only when exercised. If someone hits your car and you leave the financial outcome up to an insurance company, then you will get a settlement that is in the best interests of the insurance company.  If you choose to involve your own lawyer, you get action that is tailored to your best interests.

The same holds true for Part 15.  As a licensed operator...if you choose to put up with interference then you have given away your power to the FCC "enforcement department".  If you choose to rely on the FCC, they will act in their best interests as defined by the political climate of the moment.

What's left?

(1) Personally sue manufacturers and installers.  Imagine the impact of tens-of-thousands of lawsuits (which is all we can do...imagine...because #2 is a more realistic outcome).

(2) Take the "old man on the porch" approach and simply complain to anyone who will listen.  We will feel better by telling others that we are in-the-right and by thinking someone will take up our cause ... until people stop listening and make fun of us.

(2a) Adopt operating modes that are (or will be) designed to be used in a noisy environment; or start complaining about them, too. Lol.

Ev, W2EV