[aprssig] NMEA output GPS or compass?

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 13:52:36 EDT 2018

I'm a little late to this, but what input is the LD-250 looking for?
If it's straight NMEA with GPHDT sentences, why not just build your own
little device to do that?  Seems to me, you could do the whole thing for
about $80:  a $10 Atmega µProcessor like a trinket, a $15 triple-axis
accelerometer board with a LSM303DLHC chip on it, and a $40 GPS board
with NMEA out.  Throw in a $10 level converter to get the output signals
up to "true" RS-232 levels, and put a little glue code in there to
generate the GPHDT sentence and mix it with the NMEA stream from the
GPS, and put it all in a nice little box with a power plug on it.

Heck, send me $80 and give me a week, and I'll send you the box.  I've
got everything I need sitting here on my test bench.

John Gorkos
AB0OO