[aprssig] APRS on Amtrak, DC to Minneapolis

Paul Bramscher pfbram at comcast.net
Fri Jun 1 13:12:20 EDT 2018

Hi Bob,

Haven't been on that train, but Minneapolis has a fair amount of APRS activity.  25 watts would be good, but I'm pretty certain several stations would pick up 5 watts (antenna height permitting).  I'm 10-15 miles north of the cities, and believe that line swings north and west, so probably comes within ~5 miles of my QTH if you're headed any further west.  Generally flat topography once you're away from the Mississippi river bluffs.

Keep us posted,

73, KD0KZE / Paul