[aprssig] AMTRAK mobile from DC to Minneapolis via Toledo Oh

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at arrl.net
Mon Jul 16 14:24:53 EDT 2018

May I suggest keeping a low number of rail-related symbols: steam, diesel,
electric, passenger, commuter, excursion, and freight.

This past weekend I made a round-trip from Manassas to Roanoke with
tracking by APRSdroid on my cell phone. Connectivity was by T-Mobile and
Amtrak Wi-Fi. Here is a partially successful attempt to display the trip on
Google Maps:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EfcC0uOPMVag5lWz2dohDVxXS1n6LzEK&usp=sharing

The data was exported from aprs.fi
https://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FW4KRL-4&timerange=259200&tail=259200