[aprssig] Lost emails

KF4LVZ aprssigZbr6 at acarver.net
Tue Jan 2 02:07:15 EST 2018

Another part of the problem is actually that TAPR's Mailman
configuration is utilizing DKIM (see the headers for the
DKIM-Signatures) but alters the email after it is composed and sent
(primarily adding the signature block to the body) which trips up the
body hashing of DKIM.  Google and other servers notice this as one of
the flags for spam.  I run my own server and see every email from the
list has this issue.  Take for example this most recent message.  My
server logs show the following:

DKIM: d=tapr.org s=mail c=simple/simple a=rsa-sha256 b=1024 t=1514875650
[verification succeeded]
DKIM: d=showmeham-info.20150623.gappssmtp.com s=20150623
c=relaxed/relaxed a=rsa-sha256 b=2048 [verification failed - body hash
mismatch (body probably modified in transit)]

The original email from gappssmtp.com had a hash of the body.  Mailman
modified the body before wrapping it up in new headers and sending out
the final email.  The new email has a hash that survives verification
(the first line) but the second verification fails.