[aprssig] Connectivity issue

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ac.rs
Sat Feb 17 14:48:51 EST 2018

Hello all,

I plan to use the Chinese radio Retevis RT82 with the German SCS Tracker
TNC for APRS (and for AX.25 packet in general). The radio has a specific
13-pin jack (6+7 pins in two rows) for external MIC/SPK and programming
(I'll try to attach its interface wiring diagram), while the SCS Tracker
has a standard 6-pin round jack.

The only simplest way I see for attaching the Tracker to the proper pins
of the radio's jack is by using the cable+connector of an earpiece
MIC/SPK combo that the radio manufacturer sells (its wiring scheme is in
the middle of the figure, but it is unknown the value and the position
of the resistor and the capacitor). And I suppose the signals there
should be compatible with the Tracker's input. Any idea?

Regards,

Misko YT7MPB