[aprssig] WB4APR-11 Balloon Aloft from Annapolis

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:50:50 EDT 2018

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> It is a single 3' mylar party balloon and will cruise around 30,000 feet
> or so and not well above weather, so it will be a risk to see if it makes
> it across the Atlantic.

You missed the altitude by 6.3%...  hi hi

How did you guys calculate it so closely? Knowing nothing about balloons, I'm guessing something to do with uplift force of the balloon minus downward force of the load, then some equalization altitude based on current conditions?

Fun to watch!

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://we7u.wetnet.net/aprs_capabilities.html