[aprssig] Tracker4 pre-order

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Apr 12 17:37:45 EDT 2018

The Tracker4 is getting close to release!  I'm expecting to have it
ready at the end of May or start of June - there's one more board
revision expected, adding a DB9 serial connector to the front for the
sake of interfacing with weather stations and Garmin devices and such,
though with the internal GPS receiver most users won't need to touch it.

Your pre-orders will help me make some decisions on how big a first
production run of PCBs to make, and whether we'll be doing all of the
enclosure machining in house or outsourcing that.

The link below has some information about the new features, in case you
missed my previous post.  It's a tracker, TNC, and digi like its
predecessors, but it's also a standalone IGate and a multi-function
gadget that gives you easy BASIC scripting access to external sensors
and relays, parsed APRS packets, DTMF encoding and decoding, WAV file
recording and playback, and (still in progress) networking features for
interacting with web services.

The T4 is also very closely related to the new ADS-SR2 repeater
controller, and currently it'll work as a simplex repeater for voice or
SSTV.  That feature might get made into an optional upgrade, but if you
pre-order we'll make sure that you still have access to the repeater
features in future updates.

The pre-order price is $139, and that includes a magnetic mount GPS
antenna and a WiFi antenna.

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=200

Thanks and 73,

Scott