[aprssig] POSITs via Internet?

Ralph Milnes ralphmilnes at gmail.com
Mon May 29 19:38:29 EDT 2017

Is there a simple way to send APRS position reports by phone?

Normally I post by RF, but there are times when I don't have my radio with
me and I want to keep family and friends updated on my position. I realize
APRS was designed for RF use, but I'm hoping to interest people in ham
radio.. For example, I'm headed from the US to Scotland shortly. I won't
have my radio or a computer there, but I still want to POSIT occasionally.
Is there a phone app (iPhone) or website that would let me do this?

Ralph NM5RM